We had our stake conference today (it was a broadcast from Salt Lake City) and at the end before the closing prayer, Clayton Christensen stood up and informed the congregation that one of our chapels in Cambridge, the Longfellow Park chapel, had caught on fire and was burning down. The broadcast for our stake conference was taking place there as well. Luckily, it sounds like everyone was able to get out safely. This was a historic chapel for the saints out here. It is so sad. Here's the story off of Boston.com. One of our ward members, Ellen Patton, also has some pictures posted on her blog. Pretty sad...It will be interesting to see what will happen next and where they will have the three wards attend services. Work has started on a new chapel in Cambridge, but it won't be done for quite some time. At least the steeple is still standing.
On a personal note, I have finals this week. I have a French Oral exam and two finals for my other two classes. I'm not planning to cram too hard, I figure I have gone to class the whole semester, participated and done the assignments, I should be okay. But...if you feel like it, an extra prayer in my behalf would be more than welcome.
Zac finally received permission to play volleyball again and around a month later, he went to practice, landed on a kid who had come underneath the net and sprained his ankle. Hmmm...he's not too happy. He's been being super careful and taking care of it pretty well. He has nationals in Minnesota this coming weekend. I'm sure he'll still have fun, I mean it is volleyball afterall!
The kids...they are doing well. They made it through another dentist appointment without cavities. YAY! They are mostly concerned with how much playtime they get, especially with the nicer weather we've been receiving.
So...that is my update...exciting and not so exciting, but there you have it!
2 comments:
Good luck with finals! And what's up with accident-prone Zack?!?nes
Sad that is my old ward building! So crazy!
Post a Comment