My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I just finished reading the above book. What a delightful read! I must admit I got quite caught up in the description of the place: A dilapidated castle in rural England. It somewhat reminded me of the Cecilia Ahern novel I read a few years back. I guess I really feel pulled toward such settings.
The setting isn't the only favorable attribute, the main character Cassandra--a 17-yr old dreamer, writer, observer--fascinates and intrigues with each page turn. Through her eyes, the reader learns the importance of family, of loyalty to said family as well as to one's self.
It's a coming-of-age story transplanting innocence with a wealth of emotions and experiences. Dodie Smith captures them well. As a reader, I experienced happiness, intrigue, sorrow, pity, indecision and delight.
Well worth the time!
1 comment:
I read this book last year- such wonderful descriptions that I was ready to up and move to a dilapidated castle.
Post a Comment